Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Confused

I'm so confused right now, which to anyone who knows me, I realise I'm pretty much always confused. But this time I'm confused about school. I have no idea what I want to do with my future. Part of me still likes chemistry, but then another part of me realises that, yeah it's interesting but I don't LOVE it and I feel like I should really really love my career. And part of the problem is that I'm not especially good or bad at anything, so I could go in almost any direction. And even if I could pick an area to study, I have no idea what I'd want to do with it. I'm also having trouble with what college to go to. Part of this is because I don't know what to study, and part of it is money, but most of it is about the whole social part of college. I really think I need to move farther away from home, and to a bigger campus. right now I'm too attached to my old life, not that I necessarily need to change a lot, but I go home too much and I don't get involved enough and I kept convincing myself that i was just fine, but really i needed to be around people a lot more, and I know my friends at Aquinas tried to make me get more involved, but I didn't listen. And really it started in high school. I spent too much time doing things I thought were fun, but I needed to mix it up a little more. I don't know where I'd transfer to though. I feel like i'm kind of restricted in my choices because of church, because i want to be able to go to an apostalic church. And that reminds me of another thing, I was really blessed with my friends, and I feel like it will be hard to find more new people that think similarly to me. I'd like to find other people from the church to be with, or at least know that I'd be able to make new friends that I could really count on and that wouldn't be alcoholics or anything like that. I'm also not sure if I should go to a school where some of my other friends go, so that I'd be sure to know someone, or if I should start out fresh. And then once I pick a new college I still have no idea what to study. Really I'm just hoping I can be a stay-at-home mom with a hobby farm and maybe a part time job after any kids are gone. But I guess i don't know what will happen and I need to be able to support myself. I just wish I could have someone push me in the right direction, or give me a clue or play the hot/cold game of life. But I guess until then I'll just keep being confused...

4 comments:

Julie said...

oh! oh! I know! I know! You could come down here and go to one of our schools and keep me and Brian company when you're bored and just want to hang out with family. That would rock.

Anonymous said...

Wow, this is like deja - vu. I went through the exact same thing and here is how I solved the problem. ... Ummm... I guess I never really did. I still don't know what to be when I grow up. Sorry.

Hannah said...

Brian- ha ha, I've actually thought about that a lot too, the fact that I may never really get things figured out and that I might just ahve to wait for life to happen.

Julie- I've also been considering going to school somewhere in Indiana, I'm just not sure about out-of-state tuition.

Julie said...

Super easy. You can come down and work until you can get your residency. See how I have this all figured out? ;) lol.