Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Last Weekend

So, I was baptised last weekend, and it was so much more then I ever thought it would be. It still kind of feels like a dream, like it hasn't really happened yet, but it was amazing. I'd talked to other people about them giving their testimonies, and many of them said that God gave them the words, but I never really understood until I experienced it for myself. I realize they were my thoughts, and yet they seemed completely from God. After my testimony many people told me what a great job I did, and yet all I could think was that I hadn't done anything, God had done everything, and it just seemed rigth that people were congratulating me. I felt like I was taking the credit for something I hadn't done. I don't think I've ever felt closer to God. I also think that I matured a lot spiritually as a result of my baptism. I suddenly had an even deeper appreciation for my church and it's traditions. I've also really wanted to listen to hymns a lot more since this past weekend. I also found it interesting how relaxing this weekend was. I was expecting it to be high energy and that I'd have lots of nerves, and while I was slightly nervous, God really provided for me and helped me to have a nice calm weekend where I could clear my head and just focus on Him. Overall it was a wonderful weekend.

3 comments:

Julie said...

I'm glad it was so great. We prayed all week that it would be wonderful and I'm glad to hear that it was.

Hannah said...

Thanks Julie. I really felt all of those prayers. And also thanks for sitting outside with me and my parents during the testimony. You have no idea how much that helped me to not be nervous.

Julie said...

:) I was the first of 4 at my testimony, so I hadn't had all that time to sit around, but I figured that if I had had all that time to sit around I would have liked people to hang out with.