So, I don't know how many of you buy the wonderful flip flops at Old Navy, but I do. And if I might say so, I think last years flip flops were much better than this years. They were just wider and I don't know... better. Last year I bought a brown and a black pair. Sadly my black ones died last year sometime. I now own a pair of the new black ones, for when brown just won't do. But I still had my brown ones, so eveything was ok... until this past weekend.
I spent the whole weekend babysitting a 7 year old girl and I also watched the family's dog and cat. It was Friday night and everything was going just fine. We were watching Cinderella and the dog was laying down by us. I had been wearing my flip flops and since we were watching a movie I decided to take them off. Suddenly I noticed Pepper (the dog) was chewing on something, but I didn't really think anything of it. After about 20 minutes I noticed he was still chewing on whatever, so I looked to see what it was. It was one of my precious brown flip flops. And he hadn't just kind of chewed on it, there was a 2 inch long piece of the strap gone! I was so furious I didn't even bother to think about the dog's stomach at all. It gets worse...
So the next day I went back to my house to get my black flip flops, because I needed some type of shoe to wear. I went to the movies and everything was fine, I was just starting to get over the loss of my brown flip flops and as I was leaving the movie theater I stepped in a huge wad of blue gum! It was the kind where it makes my shoe permanently stuck to that spot and once I was able to free my foot I had all types to grit and grass stuck to the botom of my shoe! It was rather upsetting to say the least. So guess what I'm doing this week... I'm going to Old Navy, to buy more flip flops.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Being the owner of such a dog - that sucks.
true. this experience has made me appreciate Lacey a lot more.
I hope you were able to get some good flip flops. Sounds like some pretty serious troubles going on there.
Post a Comment