Monday, July 28, 2008

Vote for Jesus

So, the other day I was driving through Lowell and along with all of the other political yard signs I saw one that read "Vote for Jesus as your Savior". And while I do understand the point that they were making, I couldn't help but think about how misleading that sign really was. I mean, we do have to make the choice to accept Jesus as our savior, but we can't really vote for him. It's like the Newsboys' song ~

I'm not following a God I can lead around,
I can't tame this Deity.
That's why Jesus is the final answer,
to who I want my God to be.

To fabricate a God like this no doubt,
We'd end up worshipping a Christ of our own design,
But Jesus doesn't fit that profile.
His ways aren't mine.

I'm not following a God that's imagined
Can't invent This deity
That's why Jesus is the final answer
To who I want my God to be

It's not like there's a position for Savior and we can just vote for whoever we want. And I realise that that isn't probably the message that the people were trying to send, but I think that's the way that some people see Christ. They think anything can save them, they just have to choose what they want. But really there is only one savior, and we just have to decide whether or not we're going to except and follow Him or not.

No comments: