Last year I tried for a very long time to try and figure out guys. They just seemed so confusing, and I could never tell what they were thinking or what their intentions were. I tried to ask my guy friends for help, but I generally just found myself more confused. I then tried talking to one of my past high school teachers, to see if an older guy would help, and while he had some good advise, it didn’t clear things up. By the way, guys aren’t worth thinking about seriously until they’re 25, according to my teacher. For girls it’s more like 23. And then, last night, everything just sort of fell into place. I’ve come to realize that guys aren’t that confusing, girls just get confused about them. And girls are actually confusing. We girls tend to act opposite from how we feel, especially towards guys. And this isn’t just in the guy-girl relationship, it’s kind of true all over the place, but girls can read girls pretty easily, so we don’t really have any problems. Now, there are exceptions to the rule, because all rules have exceptions, and sometimes guys are super confusing, and sometimes girls are really straight forward, but in general, it’s the other way around. Anyways, so I’ve come to realize that guys are pamphlets, and girls try to turn them into novels. Guys are straightforward, they give you the facts that are probably most important, and they present it so it’s easy to read. It’s right there in black in white. That’s not to say that they give you all the facts, mostly just the highlights, the things they think you need to know. The problem is, girls try to take that pamphlet and turn it into a novel. They add lots of background and twists and turns. They try and take the guy and fit him into a role, be it Prince Charming or Mr. Mysterious. Girls want to fill in every detail and turn the facts into something else, they try to read between the lines, but they end up just getting confused about guy because then the facts don’t always line up with their version of the guy.
So, I’m not sure if that makes sense to anyone, but just something that kind of came to me, and helped me to figure things out. Not that I have very many guys that need figuring out, it just all made sense to me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
LOL! So true, so true. Your poor, sweet brother was a victem of the turning a pamphlet into a novel. We still laugh about it. Poor guy. LOL!
Post a Comment